Color Jet Printing (CJP)
ColorJetPrinting (CJP) is an additive manufacturing technology which involves two major components –core and binder. The core material is spread in thin layers over the build platform with a roller. After each layer is spread, color binder is selectively jetted from inkjet print heads, which causes the core to solidify.
The build platform lowers with every subsequent layer which is spread and printed, resulting in a full-color three-dimensional model.
- Ideal for color models to improve strength and color vibrancy.
- The most popular solution.
- Quick-cure infiltrant.
Digital Light Processing (DLP)
DLP stands for digital light processing, and is a type of vat polymerization. Vat polymerization 3D printing technologies make use of a (liquid) photopolymer resin which is able to cure (solidify) under a light source. In the world of vat polymerization.
DLP Basic Resin
- Viscosity: 552 MPa.s
- Curing wavelength: 405 nm
- Shrinkage: 7.1%
- Tensile strength: 23.4 MPa
- Curing time: 6-10 s
- Elongation at break: 14.2%
Fused deposition modeling (FDM)
FDM Fused deposition modeling, is a method of additive manufacturing where layers of materials are fused together in a pattern to create an object.
PLA (Polylactic Acid)
- Good strength and stiffness
- Good dimension accuracy when printing
- Mostly used for decorative purposes in-house
- Has low heat resistance (60 C)
- Not weatherproof and UV proof
ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
- Good Impact and Wear Resistance
- Gives smoother finish models
- Good heat resistance (100 C)
- Heavy Warping
- Part tends to shrink which leads to dimensional inaccuracy
- Not weatherproof
- Suitable for making household spare parts
PETG (Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol)
- Moderate stiffness
- Very Good Durability
- Moderate heat resistance (73 C)
- Not UV proof
- Good for making functional parts that are not under direct sunlight
TPU (Flex Material)
- Very high flexibility
- Excellent vibration dampening
- Best used as a sealant in products
- Moderate heat resistance (80 C)
- Can be used to make functional wheels for RC